Monday, February 11, 2008

End of Days

I would love, love, LOVE to say that I am greeting the end of the WGA strike with joy and enthusiasm, but I find that it's really only creating more anxiety. After all, not having any film and television auditions during a strike is one thing; not having them when everyone else is back to work is another. It's been an ironically great few months for out of work actors. They've counted among their ranks such luminaries as, oh, THE STARS OF EVERY TELEVISION SHOW ON THE AIR. When I asked a friend of mine recently how he felt about the strike, he echoed this sentiment rather wisely. "I guess I feel like everyone else is finally in the same boat I'm always in."

On another note, my girlfriend almost survived the strike. 2 days short. Warner Bros. let her know that last Friday would be her last day - knowing full well an end of strike announcement was expected Saturday. Now they'll be re-hiring her on Wednesday. We figure they saved a grand total in the neighborhood of 400 bucks. Let's hear it for corporate giants.

No comments: